What is Weighting Anyways? The Canvas Gradebook and Authentic Assessment
For many, assessment can be one of the most challenging parts of teaching. Then comes online learning management systems, and the challenge becomes real. In this workshop, attendees will:
- Learn to appreciate the complexity of developing or selecting and using assessments
- Discover how to set up weighted grades using the Canvas Gradebook
- Add and enable a grading scheme to a course
- Best practices for letting students know how you assess
- Using New Analytics to add new insights into assessment, even in face-to-face courses
Optional Zoom link will be sent to those requesting after registration.
Who should attend? Faculty, grad students and anybody interested in understanding how to authentically assess student assignments, quizzes and tests.
Originally published at cslc.nd.edu.